Call For Posters
The poster session at the EuroMPI/USA 2020 conference is an excellent opportunity to engage with the community by discussing new ideas and latest results that are not yet ready to be full papers.
We are soliciting poster submissions for EuroMPI/USA 2020 that show-case work on the Message Passing Interface (MPI) or work that is related to message-passing parallel computing. We particularly encourage graduate students to publicise their ongoing work. We invite submissions from users of MPI, developers of MPI, and researchers in the broader field of message-passing parallel computing.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation improvements towards exascale computing, such as many-core, GPGPU, and heterogeneous architectures.
- Performance bugs in MPI implementations.
- Interaction between message-passing software and new high-performance hardware architectures.
- New MPI-IO mechanisms and I/O stack optimizations.
- API limitations of MPI; extensions to MPI.
- Hybrid and heterogeneous programming; combining MPI with other interfaces.
- MPI support for data-intensive parallel applications.
- Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and systems.
- New programming paradigms implemented over MPI, like hierarchical programming and global address spaces.
- MPI parallel programming in clouds.
Applications and Performance
- Performance evaluation for MPI or MPI-based applications on HPC machines or using cloud resources.
- Automatic performance tuning of MPI applications and implementations.
- Verification of message-passing applications and protocols.
- Applications using message passing, for example, in computational science and scientific computing.
- New parallel algorithms expressed in the message-passing paradigm.
Notification of Acceptance: TBA
All poster submissions must include:
- A short abstract (175 word maximum).
- An extended abstract (3 pages maximum, including figures and references, and formatted according to the "sigconf" style in the ACM 2017 Template (http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template)).
- A poster draft. Note that complete results are not necessary. It is acceptable to have placeholders for last-minute results.
- Poster format should be A0 page size (either portrait or landscape). See the attached size guide instructions for more details.
The abstracts and posters will NOT be published in the conference proceedings by ACM-ICPS. In case of acceptance, posters will be presented at the conference and, if the authors agree, they will be published on the EuroMPI/USA'20 poster web page.